The Focusing on IELTS series has been developed thoroughly revised to provide a comprehensive, up-to-date learning package that develops the skills students need as they prepare for the IELTS examination. (International English Language Testing System).
This new book of practice tests complements the other resources in the series, Focusing on IELTS: Reading and writing skills and Listening and speaking skills.
Focusing on IELTS: General Training Practice Tests 2nd ed has been written specifically for those students preparing for the Academic test and can be used for independent study or in the classroom. It contains:
• four complete practice tests for Listening, Reading, and Writing, and six for Speaking
• complete recorded sample Speaking Tests, with transcripts and detailed assessments
• full answer key, including sample answers to Writing Tests and accompanying notes
• complete listening transcripts with answers identified
• useful tips for taking IELTS tests.
The fully revised Audio CD supports the exercises and Practice Tests for Listening and Speaking. Listen to sample: CD1 Track1 (Exercise 4).
- What is in the tests?
- Question types
- Tips for doing the tests
- Listening Tests
- Reading Tests
- Writing Tests
- Speaking Tests